Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Indoor Breakfast Picnic

My quarterly 'dinner party' for my fabulous PST (Prayer Support Team) was forced to move to the breakfast time slot last month. There's a lot more pressure on a 'daylight' dinner party ... the ambience created by soft candle light also covers a multitude of sins! :)

I went with an indoor picnic theme. Simple and fresh.

The lilies were fresh from my enormous bushes in my backyard - which totally makes me sound like a real gardener!! I love that! :)
(Note to non-gardeners - lilies cannot be killed - trust me, they never die - get on it!!)

 The cutlery and napkin pouches are made with simple brown lunch bags, paper doilies and Ikea's version of washi tape (red with white spots).

 The savoury course consisted of baked breakfast bowls (ham, mushrooms, caramelised onions, capsicum, corn and eggs in a hollowed out bread roll that I baked to get it crispy and solid) - the bacon 'flowers' were a happy accident - trying to work out how to put 24 pieces of bacon in the oven to grill!! :) - the hashbrown balls were baked in muffin tins.

Breakfast quesadillas were inspired by this post and were delicious - slices of bread spread with cream cheese, rolled up and then dipped in melted butter and cinnamon sugar then baked in the oven -  poached pears and peaches.

I love hosting this amazing group of people! They are the most grateful 'customers' and always great company. I'm already planning our next menu and 'theme'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment